News & Updates
company incorporation singapore
March 29, 2022
Every business transaction a company undergoes comes with a document that legitimizes and records the negotiation. Without documents, you will be prone to disputes you can’t counter and risks you may find hard to mitigate. That is why you need to have the essential paperwork, and you have to start from the company registration documents.
Company Registration Documents: The Complete Checklist
1. Company Name – your company name is as important as the services or products you offer. It must represent your brand values because this is what your target market remembers. So, before anything else, finalize your company name and get approval from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
2. Summary of the Business Activities – prepare a brief description of the primary purpose of your company and what it offers to the market.
3. Company Constitution – formerly referred to as Articles of Association, a company constitution details how a company can operate. It is a legal document that sets forth the rights and responsibilities of the people involved in the company. You may get the standard version of this document from ACRA, or you can create one yourself.
4. Signed Consent to Act as a Director – this written consent specifies the agreement made by the director to be a part of the company. Failure to provide this document will make the appointment void. Note that you have to appoint at least one resident director for your company, while you can appoint an unlimited number of directors, whether they are residents or non-residents.
5. Signed Consent to Act as a Company Secretary – a company secretary plays a vital role in the operation of a business. That is why it is essential to provide such a document when you register a company. One couldn’t act as a company secretary without this document.
6. Directors’, Company Secretary’s, and Shareholders’ Particulars – this document should include essential details of the aforementioned people, such as their names, nationality, residential address, and date of birth. Moreover, don’t forget to specify the rights and responsibilities of the signatories.
7. Documents for Know Your Customer (KYC) Due Diligence – if you are working with a corporate service provider, you have to provide proof of identity and address as well as information regarding the stakeholders’ professional background. Your corporate service provider will need this document to conduct a KYC due diligence as required by the ACRA.
Want to Start Your Business with ContactOne? Bring These Documents
Some business owners in Singapore find the company registration process complicated. If you don’t want to undergo such a procedure or you simply don’t have the time due to your hectic schedule, we can help you set up your business.
Just reach out to us and provide us with the documents needed, and we’ll take care of the rest. Refer to the list below:
For Singapore Residents
If you are a resident of Singapore, we only need your identification card. It can either be your NRIC or FIN. This also applies to holders of eligible Employment Pass, Dependant’s Pass, Long-Term Visit Pass, and Student Pass.
For Singapore, Residents Partnering with Foreign Residents
We only require identity cards for Singapore residents. On the other hand, we need foreign residents to verify their personal information and proof of participation in the company. There are two ways to do this, depending on whether or not you are physically present in Singapore.
1. If you are a foreigner residing in Singapore, we need your passport and proof of residence. You can submit your utility bills or bank statements as proof of residency.
2. If you are a foreigner who is not physically present in Singapore, we will give you a Letter of Intent to incorporate a company in Singapore for your authorization.
A notary public in your location must notarize the letter of intent and a copy of your passport.
Note: Documents not written in English must be translated.
For Companies with Corporate Shareholders
If the company you will set up will have one or more corporate shareholders, we will require the following additional documents from you. These papers are necessary for the incorporation.
1. A Board Resolution from the Singapore Company – this document must lay out that during the incorporation process, there is an authorized person to act on behalf of the corporate shareholder. Their role includes signing the papers for incorporation.
2. A Board Resolution Approving the Setting Up of a Singapore Private Limited Company – this document must have the essential information, such as the first appointed directors, other shareholders, shares the corporate shareholder will hold, and the total share capital on the new company’s incorporation.
3. Company Profile – Singapore companies can get a copy of their recent Company Profile from ACRA. Meanwhile, foreign companies must provide a Certificate of Incorporation and a Company Profile from their country of residence.
5 Reasons Why Documents Are Important in Businesses
Compiling documents can sometimes be an inconvenience, not just for businesses but also for individuals. Imagine having to secure documents every time you need to enroll in a school, apply for a job, opening a bank account, and so on. Regardless, compliance with the requirements helps you in more ways than you can imagine, especially for companies.
Documents aren’t just for formality’s sake. Here are five reasons they are essential for your company:
1. It helps you build your reputation—making you a trusted company for the suppliers, customers, and employees.
2. It governs the flow of your business operations for a smooth-sailing business procedure.
3. It sets out the rules and regulations everyone in your company must follow and giving you the right to hold them accountable in instances of violation.
4. It increases opportunities and decreases risks.
5. Legally binding documents like contracts prove that a mutually beneficial agreement is present between two or more parties.
If you are about to set up a company, start processing your documents now. For more information about company registration in Singapore, feel free to visit our website. We’ll be happy to be of assistance!