ContactOne – Policies and Guidelines for Clients with Financial Statements Compilation and/or Tax Preparation Services
Please find below guidelines and policies for any services involving Compilation of Financial Statements and/or Tax Filing (without bookkeeping services)
Kindly take time to review the illustrated guidelines and policies to ensure that our services to you can be carried out smoothly, efficiently and without dispute.
This set of policies and guidelines shall be deemed as read upon successful delivery to the contact email provided by our client. Contact Email may be an email specified by the Client or the email that the Client has used to secure the FS & Tax Services.
Compilation of Financial Statements and Tax Filing Service (“FS & Tax”) is achievable only if:
GENERAL GUIDE: THE BOOKKEEPER, that is, the person maintaining and recording the transactions must be adequately proficient in preparing the data records for your Company. Please do not attempt to record your transactions if you are unsure of how to go about doing it in the correct manner. In any cases, you may wish to consider our Full Bookkeeping Services to ensure that your Accounts are not Compromised and therefore have a peace of mind over your accounting and compliance obligations.
For Clients with an Accounting Software e.g. MYOB, Quickbooks, etc (EXCEL is not an accounting software)
1. The user is proficient in ensuring the data entries of company transactions are accurately and completely performed.
2. The cash and cash equivalent balance at year end can be reconciled to your bank statements.
3. The user is proficient in performing accounting period closing and other accounting activities typically associated with the general operations of an accounting software.
4. Client shall provide to ContactOne the Reporting Pack for the designated accounting period which MUST include:
A) Balance Sheet
B) Detailed Profit and Loss
C) General Ledger
D) PIC Cash Payout Claim Forms
E) Fixed Asset Listing (If you have fixed assets)
F) Loan Agreements or Hire Purchase Agreements in the period you have secured such financing
5. The client is aware that ContactOne can reject grossly inaccurate / incomplete / irreconcilable errors and request for a corrected copy, which may lead to a delay in your filing obligations.
Additional Documents To Be Submitted in Specific Cases
In some instances, additional supporting documents may be requested by ContactOne to ensure your figures are fully supported. The documents may be called up by IRAS for review if requested documents are labelled “for Tax Purposes” below. Please note that in the event that you are unable to furnish the requested documents to ContactOne, your timeline towards meeting your filing obligations as well as your eligibility for tax grants (e.g. PIC claims, Renovation claims) may be compromised.
1. For Companies purchasing Properties – Full Set of Developer issued invoices, Bank Loan Agreement, S&P Agreement, Option to Purchase Documents and Interest/Principal Repayment Statements from Bank
2. Loan Agreements or Hire Purchase Agreements if any.
3. Renovation and Refurbishment Invoices (For Tax Purposes).
3. Invoices relating to Purchase of Motor Vehicles (For Tax Purposes)
4. Invoices relating to Purchase of PIC Qualifying Assets/Expenses (For Tax Purposes)
5. Monthly Bank statements for Financial Period covered (When Requested)
6. PIC Cash Payout Claim Form (Please provide even if not requested if you have submitted one during the year as we will not be able to detect if you have submitted any claim forms)
7. For First Time Clients with prior years completed by a former service providers or was previously self-managed, please furnish your prior year financial statements, general ledger, tax computation and supported schedules, fixed asset listings and IRAS correspondences for our takeover process.
8. If you are a GST Registered Company, please ensure your Turnover reconcile to your GST Filing figures. Please provide us with your GST Returns for the financial period covered.
TYPICAL SUBMISSION DEADLINES FOR FS & TAX SERVICES
Please provide your completed records and send us an email within the first month immediately after your financial year end date to ensure that your ECI* filing due date is not compromised as we will require time to review your transactions, draft your accounts and complete your tax computation.
If you submit your information to us within the second month immediately after your financial year end, we may be able to file your ECI based on an estimated figure, depending on the completeness and accuracy of the furnished information.
In the event that you are only able to provide us with your records at a later date, please note that we will not be able to file for your ECI.
*You must file for ECI if your turnover exceeds $1M
*You must file for ECI if your turnover does not exceed $1M but has chargeable income (Chargeable Income = Net Profit / Loss adjusted for Tax adjustment items (Non-deductibles, Donations, Section 14Q, Capital Allowances, Business Losses)
*You need not file ECI if your turnover is less than S$1M and has no chargeable income
STANDARD DELIVERY PROCESS FOR FS & TAX SERVICES
On completion of your Financial Statements, usually accompanied with your company tax computation and relevant tax schedules, we will require the Director(s) to sign off on the following documents:
1. Financial Statements (minimum 2 x copies) [Requires signing on 2 pages per Report]
2. Tax Computation Report (To confirm your acceptance and agreement to the tax computation report)
3. Tax Filing Authorization Letter (To confirm and authorize ContactOne to proceed with the tax filing via e-filing anytime during the corporate tax e-filing window (usually in the period from May – Dec of every year)
TELL TALE SIGNS THAT YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH MANAGING YOUR OWN BOOKKEEPING
1. You are not sure why your balance sheet does not “balance”
2. You are having trouble trying to understand expense classifications.
3. You are having trouble trying to differentiate between Cost of Sale and operating expenses.
4. You are having trouble appreciating the relationship between your invoices and receipts, your cash balance and your accounting reports.
5. You are having trouble recording loan instalments (Instalment = principal repayment + interest)
6. You are not having sufficient time to record your transactions for the last 2 months.
7. You are having trouble understanding how to use an accounting software.
8. You are 6 months into your business but you have yet to do any data entry.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE FACING ANY OF THE ABOVE ISSUES BECAUSE YOU MAY NEED TO CONSIDER ENGAGING A BOOKKEEPER TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR ACCOUNTS.
Thank you for choosing ContactOne and we look forward to assisting you in the best possible way.